To get the rebranding going, we started by asking ourselves, what should Workstreams.ai’s brand represent in 2019 and beyond? What are our core values, what is our “reason of being”, what is the value we add to our users?
How do we see the outside world, and how does the outside world perceive Workstreams.ai?
With the rebranding, we dared to achieve mighty things! Let’s run them down.
- Memorable — Impressions matter, especially first ones. We wanted the Workstreams.ai brand to leave a long-lasting imprint on folks. We wanted it to stand out, to have it rise above the sea of flat, bland & forgettable brands & logos that are the bread and butter in the SaaS world.
- Inspiring — The potential to sound pompous is high with this one. But we really wanted our logo & brand to be inspirational and emphatic. To make our users aspire to something bigger. Workstreams.ai is all about enabling teams to reach their potential, focus on priorities, to dare and achieve results faster. We know Workstreams.ai does all of this, and the new brand absolutely needed to reflect that.
- Compatible — Seamless fit across platforms, mediums, and promotional materials is something far easier said than done. Our new brand needs to work on our website, in our web application, on the Slack App Directory, and on any other marketing material be it virtual or physical.
- Accessible — People across industries and departments rely on Workstreams. Everyone from all walks of life at one point needs to manage tasks. Workstreams.ai is accessible to any team setting and our brand needs to reflect that.
We also wanted our rebranding to represent the realities that modern teams face on a daily basis. To convey the sense of a dynamic environment where teams can push the envelope, make progress and deliver results. The brand also needs to represent the ups and downs on the path to success, as well as the trials and tribulations that teams experience when they embark on their voyage to change the world. To that end, we saw it fit to create an image that strongly conveys a feeling of motion and taking action.
Ok, so back to those initial questions; what is Workstreams.ai, what is our vision and where are we heading?
In the team’s mind, it has always been clear:
- Workstreams.ai wants to be the main reference for task management in the age of communication platforms;
- Workstreams.ai enables modern teams to unlock their potential, focus on their task, make progress and get things done.
- Workstreams.ai feeds your team with knowledge & insights powered by AI.
- Bring Kanban agile methodology closer to people from non-IT sectors.
Designing the logo
We followed some essential rules:
- it needs to work as a logotype and as an app icon
- it needs to work in our color palette as well as in reserve
… and we needed it to symbolize all the values and aspirations and we are discussing at length in this post. It was a monumental task, just the way we like it!
We really wanted our logo to go away from the trend of single-colored logos and make it colorful & playful with a note of aspirational aura. So we refreshed the color palette we use across our Slack application, website and web app.
- Yellow — the color of optimism, clarity, and warmth.
- Coral — fresh and invigorating.
- Shades of gray — representing calmness, steadiness, and determination. We use it throughout our web application, where users are focused on getting things done.
- Blue Hue — Trust. Plain and simple yet crucial. Workstreams.ai is a place for modern teams that lean on each other, leverage their collective skill set, make progress and get things done.
Working in a team is all about communication, collaboration and making progress towards results. Workstreams.ai enables all of that. The brand, and especially the logo needs to reflect it.
We knew from the start that we want to use the “W” from our name as the main component of our logo. We went through various iterations along the way.
Incorporating hashtags and task symbols were all considered and developed. We had extensive in-house brainstorming sessions and external focus groups ( thanks Testessen_Berlin! ). It was a fruitful process that brought out the best of us.
We ultimately landed on what you currently see across our online presence, and we hope you like it. Our logo captures the Workstreams.ai spirit perfectly. It speaks towards optimism, aspiration, and progress. It is colorful, joyous and emphatic.
Branding is a marathon
A company is never done when it comes to branding. As Workstreams.ai grows, so will our brand. We are well on our way to accomplishing our ultimate goal:
| To create one, unifying and consistent WORKSTREAMS.AI experience
In order to do that, there is exciting work in front of us. As we grow we need to ensure our tone and voice is unified across our marketing and that our brand is consistent and clear.
We can’t wait to get it done!
By the way, we are always on the lookout for daring people. If you want to work in Berlin, with an amazing team filled with emphatic and talented people from across the world, join us, we are hiring!